Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Jacki's Intro

Hey everyone! I'm Jacki. I am from the great state of Ohio.  I just got married in July and right after the wedding, we moved from Columbus to Akron for my husband's job. We're actually from near Dayton, I moved to Columbus to go to school & my husband was short behind (awww!) and now we're in Akron.  I guess we're doing the state tour... I am unemployed right now, which is sort of terrible (I feel like I'm not contributing, I have yet to make friends in Akron, I get bored sometimes), but also sort of great (I have plenty of time to read, sew, quilt, and make delicious dinners every night).  

I've been quilting for a little over a year.  I've turned out 4 or 5 quilts during that time.  I enjoy piecing much, much more than actual quilting.  I tend to have a 'freer' style to my quilting- I don't always measure everything or match everything exactly, but so far it's turned out alright :) I hand quilt and machine quilt, just depending on how I'm feeling and if I have another project I want to be working on...

And I guess that's it.  I'm really excited to be part of this group and cannot wait to see what we come up with.  

No comments: